I received my Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University under the supervision
of Prof. Ronald Fedkiw from Stanford Computer Science. My
research is focused on designing new computational algorithms scalable on multicore and distributed systems. I received my Bachelor's degree
from University of Science and Technology of
China in Electronic Engineering and Information Science in 2009.
This is my Mathematics Genealogy.
Adaptive discretizations for multi-scaled fluid simulation
A new discretization method for resolving thin gaps between solids that interact with the surrounding fluid
Qiu, L., "An Adaptive Discretization for Incompressible and Compressible Flow Using a Multitude of
Moving Cartesian Grids with Gap Flow Treatment", Ph.D. Thesis, Stanford University, May 2015.
Qiu, L., Lu, W. and Fedkiw, R., "An Adaptive Discretization of Compressible Flow using a Multitude of Moving Cartesian Grids", Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 305, 75-110 (2016).
(The version in the published format: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021999115006890)
Qiu, L., Yu, Y. and Fedkiw, R., "On Thin Gaps Between Rigid Bodies Two-way Coupled to Incompressible Flow", Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 292, 1-29 (2015).
(The version in the published format: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021999115001746)
English, R. E., Qiu, L., Yu, Y. and Fedkiw, R., "An Adaptive Discretization of Incompressible Flow using a Multitude of Moving Cartesian Grids", Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 254, 107-154 (2013).
- English, R. E., Qiu, L., Yu, Y., and Fedkiw, R.,
"Chimera Grids for Water Simulation", ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA), (2013).
- Lehtinen, N. G., Bell, T. F., Qiu, L., Cohen, M. B., and Inan, U. S., "Full Wave Modeling of VLF Wave Scattering and Propagation in Curvilinear Stratified Ionosphere", International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), (2012).
- Qiu, L., Lehtinen, N. G., and Inan, U. S., "Effects of Earth's Curvature in Full-Wave Modeling of VLF Propagation", AGU Fall Meeting (poster), (2011).
- Li, S., Zhu, Q., Yu, X., Zhou, N., Mo, R., Liu, W., Xin, H., Qiu, L., "The Quantum Effects on the Transmission Properties of Periodic Rod Array", IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, (2010).
- Qiu, L., Zhu, Q., and Kuan, Z., "Investigation on Wave-Guiding Properties of Nanotube Array", IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, (2009).